From: Martyn Hodgson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: arch-guitar
To: "Monica Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, 10 September, 2008, 8:45 AM

Thanks

As said, I have a copy of the pattern somewhere - just have
to find it!

I have however now found the FoMRHI article which mentions
Strad's 'chitara tiorbata' (by yrs truly): FoMRHI Comm 663
October 1985 'The stringing of a baroque guitar'.
Unfortunately, my aim in the paper was to look at evidence
for stringing of the top 5 courses and, whilst I refer to
Strad's records of the theorboed instrument, I only
quote his remarks on the first 10 strings (ie 5 courses) and
none on the basses.

MH