Dear David,

   I think you should read that part again... let me write it again:

   "A great tuner, but I really need tips to use it, I'm still used to my
   old needle tuner, I always used them and now all the flashing lights
   confusing me. I read the instruction manual, it is great becuase now I
   know how to change temperaments, cents, save, delete, backlight etc.
   But I'm not really sure how to tune, the manual fails to explain it (at
   least for me) in nice and clear way.
   For now i don't care about flats and sharps, I just want it to tune,
   when I'll get used to it, I'll think some more. But how, in the name of
   the great Henry the VIII, I know if my string is tuned? So any one with
   this nice tuner (and it really nice) please help me."