On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Omer katzir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have decided to try "Just" tuning first

I have never tried. Let us know if it works for you.

> I'm in a very noisy environment sometimes

The ST-122 can be confuesd by ambient noise like computer fans. I use
a clip on mic if I'm in an orchestra, or the singer copies the notes I
try to tune (you ever noticed that: play a note, to tune that is, and
singers invariably start to sing that note, oblvious of any tuning
efforts).

> First, With what to make the Tastino? I do not want it to be permanent. tape
> is good, but how large should i make it? long like a fret?

I use short ones, just long enough to fit under the strings where I
need them. I'm too limited  for double frets, they confuse me. Stephen
Stubbs had little grooves in his theorbo to slide wooden tastini in.
Another friend uses little ebony wedges, a little wider than a pair of
strings, he slides under the real frets. Experiemnt with somethng that
works for you, doesn't buzz, is adjustable, etc. Masking tape and fret
gut is all right for starters.

> Second, What about the frets on the lute body? there are three. I guess
> there is some trick with that...

No trick, just out of tune playing. But you won't need these often in
the repertoire you'll be using non ET for, and if so perhaps just on
the first course in single notes. Push and bend.

David