On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Omer katzir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, now that i've decided on my Temperament, one final question should be
> asked.
> what about the strings tuning? I guess it wont be the same as in equal
> temperament.

Obviously. When for example you set your third fret higher, and keep
the a' at the same pitch, the c on the third course, third fret will
be higher. You will have to adjust the open fifth course to that
pitch. Tune the fifth course up, then. &c. ad infinitum.

Well meant advice: start with something regular like mean tone or
Pythagorean first, as they require less compromise and give a good
result much easier. And another advice: don't play just any music with
any temperament. Pythagorean is great fro Trecento music, but not for
Bach. 1/4 MT is great for Monteverdi, but not for Weiss. These are
historical temperaments, but can sound hysterical when applied
inappropriately.

David