No, no, no! I am not defending Lilypond as a tab tool! Lilypond is not intended
as such, and it sucks, as such. And i use abctab only as need arise (for one, i
have to compile it every time on my laptop, as abc is using old libraries and i
use unstable Debian, so i use abctab and then remove it, sort of like
coffee-grinds situation). Peter puzzled about a two-staff tab representation,
that's all. Personally, i read the keyboard notation on the lute like any
organist reads his score, right off the bat, so have no need for such a device.
Really? ABCtab has "the most attractive output"? Then certainly, these people:

"abctab2ps is written by Christoph Dalitz, based upon code by Michael
Methfessel. Apart from these two main authors, the following persons have
additionally contributed to the project (in alphabetical order, see the file
CHANGES in the source distribution for details):
Michael Burzan, Martin Fick, Luis Pablo Gasparotto, Werner von
Hoersten, Jef Moine, Frank Nordberg, Alain Veylit, Anders Wiren, John
Wright"

 need a bit of appreciation sent their way!

p.s. cold up there, on the hill?... brrrr
alexander