SOme years back I was working from a variety of facsimiles (Including
microfilm) to make ur-text fonts for typesetting tablature.

I had limited success, but now realize I messed up on one particular.

I was pretty good at capturing the shape of the glyphs, but, for lack of
metrics had no way to scale them.

Yes, electronic fonts scale themselves, but to a quantized size.

first concern is the font cut by Granjon and used in the editions
published by Fezandat.  DOes anyone here have access to an original or a
microfilm which is scalable (perhaps from the page outline? which would
have to have known dimensinos?)

--
Dana Emery