On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Miles Dempster
<miles.demps...@globetrotter.net> wrote:
> I am a lefty, but from the very beginning of my plucking life (age 12 or
> therabouts) I have played guitar and lute right-handed.

A very wise decision, be it conscious or not. I always advice my
(guitar) pupils to play right-handed and to be normal like the rest of
the world. I'm the exception, I keep telling them. Somehow it doesn't
register, as many want to play left-handed; it appears to be part of
their personalities, they 'are' left-handed - never touched a guitar
before - so they must play left-handed. Stuff and non-sense, you need
both hands. Alas, they don't listen to me.

> Perhaps I am ambidextrous to some degree,

Aren't we all?

David - used to draw with two pencils at the same time, one in the
left and one in the right hand, holds sashimi knife in right hand,
writes with left hand, uses computer mouse with right hand, plays lute
with both hands.