Well again, I was perhaps a little swift. I should have read in more detail the text about the Duguay-Touin manuscript. It was written in 1720 to 21, but the pirated version only came out in 1730, and the official version in 1740. However, that does not mean that some had not read the memoirs before that date. Indeed, how else could there have been
a pirated version in 1730?
Nevertheless, had the pirated version been a little earlier, we could be more certain that the "fameux Corsair" was Duguay-Touin.

Anthony