I made a google search just on "fameu + Corsair", and found that all
the references on the first page are to "Duguay-Touin " (except the
fourth on the list which is to Surcouf). No Blackbeard at all.
On the second page, all are for  "Duguay-Touin ", except that one
that also refers to Jean-Bart. On the third page the same.

Ok this is not a proof for the 18th century, but it shows that today,
Duguay-Touin is still the "fameux Corsaire". The typical text is as
follows, ""Je vais enfin ré-embarqué, cette fois  c'est  à Lorient
que je vais rejoindre mon unité il s'agit de la frégate Duguay-
Touin, (le fameux corsaire de St Malo). Elle sort tout juste des
chantiers de la DCN."

Only  on the 5th page, do I find Barbe Noire, but HE is called
"PIRATE célèbre"  and then "le fameux BARBE NOIRE. ..." He is not
referred to as "fameux CORSAIRE".

        Furthermore, in the first element that came up in my search, it
states that Dugay Trouin's memoires, (about 1720-21) were a "best
seller" in the 18th century. There was even a "pirate" edition in
1730, of "Memoires de monsieur Dugay Trouin, lieutenant général des
armées navalles, commandeur de l'ordre militaire de St Louis."
http://www.vialibri.net/item_pg/2561745-1725-duguay-trouin-ren%E9-
memoires-monsieur-dugay-trouin-lieutenant-g%E9n%E9ral-des.htm

This last fact, that "the memoirs were written about 1720-21, could
correspond to what Markus says about the Weiss piece, which was also
written about 1721. The dates are close, so a slight shift for either
could make this impossible.
> "Fameaux Corsaire" probably was written 1720   or in the beginning
> of 1721.

Anthony