All,

    Elliot Carter, while not very prolific for guitar,
is noticeably absent.  (And still very much alive and
composing at 100!)  Other than that, my general
observation in that its sad that Leo Brouwer is the
youngest composer o be called notable.  (Sad that he's
even included as a notable, given the overall
lackluster quality of his music.)  Sorry to be a
downer but I'm afraid, despite the awesome technical
abilities of many performers today, that the CG world
is slipping from the heights it attained in the mid
20th century once more into the cultural wasteland of
vapidity.

Chris

http://www.hernanmouro.com/uploads/pdf/guitar_timeline.pdf