You can hear my harmonization of Joy to the Person here
http://tinyurl.com/JoytothePerson

I used chords that I found for similar pieces in English and Dutch
collections of tune arrangements
To my ear, the Musica Britannica harmonization does not reflect the
shape of the line--Rob is right, it is "serviceable" :)
dt

dt