Dear Arto,

Nico van der Waals is an emblematic maker with a reputation as solid as Michael Lowe. I payed 8250 Euro for this theorbo back in 2002. You certainly can get cheaper instruments but if you are really interested on playing something really special by one of the pioneers of lute making with decades of experience, you will have to pay a price for it. Nico takes months to build a lute and he is never happy until he gets the sound he wants out of a given project. As a consequence he is only able to produce a small amount of instruments per year compared to other makers.

Just to clarify things, I give you a link to a scanned receipt of the theorbo were you can see that I indeed payed 8250 Euros for it:

http://tinyurl.com/brlgv2

or:

http://www.theorbo.lutevoice.com/Site/Theorbo_for_sale_files/Media/Factura%20Nico%20Tiorba/Factura%20Nico%20Tiorba.jpg?disposition=download

Greetings,