Dear Arto and all,

After the brief discussion about theorbo prices, I looked around for of other makers prices to reevaluate the worth of my theorbo by Nico van der Waals I am currently offering for sale for 7900€ (original price was 8250€ back in 2002). I am now certain that my asking price is quite fair for such a reputable maker and for an exceptionally good sounding instrument in mint condition.

These are examples of similarly decorated instruments taken from up to date prices of three good makers including a Kingham case. I do not have information about Paul Tomson and Michael Lowe but I know these are much more expensive and their waiting list is even not considerable if you need an instrument in the near future.

Stephen Barber  7,777€

Stephen Gottlieb 9,105 €

Grant Tomlinson 9800 US $ = 7,604 € + 390 Kingham case = 7994 € (last years price)

I know that Arto did not want to suggest that my theorbo was too expensive but in an indirect way he actually did. For that reason I feel compelled to defend myself and demonstrate the fairness of my asking price.

Greetings,

Alfonso