On Sun, Feb 15, 2009, Sean Smith <lutesm...@mac.com> said:

> Dana, I had wondered about drift

drift is more an issue of who chooses to adjust when; and to what
challenge.  I recall one easter piece, maybe by aligheri?  The opening
staggers entrances from each of, mmm, maybe seven parts, at intervals of a
seventh; very challenging.  I am also minded of something my first
choirmaster said to me, he was always afraid of lengthy accapella passages
where the organ rejoined the choir, he was skilled enough to play
transposed by as much as a third should the choir have drifted that much,
usually we werent that errant.