I have puzled over this text for years, but there is no easy answer.
There is a change of voice in the poem from Narrator to he to she, or
she to he to she.
It SEEMS that the voice changes over to Nico as a he.
But as I read it now, I could believe that the "he" character is anonymous.

So it could read
Scene
She (Nico) lures
He spies her
She pulls

or
Scene
Nico (he) waits
He spies
She pulls

The role reversal in the second interpretation seems a bit
dissonant--though perhaps deliberate--in context.
Whereas in the first scenario, she is springing the trap. Also, the
chanting could have the suggestion of incanting, enchanting. Which
would be in character with the role in the idylls.
Perplexing.
dt