>    Is anyone successfully running Django on a Mac using VirtualBox Open
>    Source Edition?

from what I can see, that is a bit twisted; but then, such is the nature
of virtualization.

Powerful and recent x86 hardware, running Mac Leopard OSX to host a
virtualized machine which then runs some version of Windows, or Linux, or
Ubuntu or something you yourself have concocted (PDP-8 anyone?) ...

You would need Vista or Windows XP on the virtual machine for Django which
claims to work that way.  Hope you have enough experience to be your own
tech support; I dont think this will be a case of pop in the CD and turn
it loose.

making host USB devices accessible to the virtual machine is a cost item;
hope you have sata drives on the host machine.  Hmm, how do they handle
the keyboard?!?

--
Dana Emery