Alas, David, I'm afraid you have only yourself to blame!  The likes of
   the very beautifully edited Monteverdi video you posted last week can
   only serve to inspire the rest of us foot-dragging Luddites to attempt
   to follow suit.
   If you want honest WYHIWYG, there's plenty to be had on our Youtube
   page!  I'm sure a cursory listen to any of our previous videos would
   convince anyone that they were live and unretouched.  Interesting that
   this, our first experiment with actual video editing (albeit with free
   software on an abysmally slow computer) should attract a couple hundred
   hits in its first 8 hours online - something we haven't seen before.
   It looks like people want better production values and sound quality.
   Is this a bad thing?
   Donna