>>For a laugh (or to be appalled, as is your nature) take a look at:
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_Elizabethan_Era

well, yes, it needs a bit of redaction.

Wiki articles are written by committees of anonymous contributers working
independently.
Eventually things get sorted out.  Join the club and fix what can be
fixed, the citations look to me to be what one would find at a small local
library.

Computer topics tend to be a lot better.

>>Does anyone know the procedure for getting an article
>>removed?

if you register as an editor you may find some contacts for that sort of
thing.

I  would edit it to add challenges for citation on every wrong fact, but I
would also attempt a rewrite.  3 stringed lute and cittern son of lute
gotta go.  The picture of a 'bass shalm' needs recaptioning, tenor shalm I
would believe, bass would be as tall as the player.

--
Dana Emery