I can third that motion. Mel has rescued four of my instruments over
the years to varying degrees- from a side crack in a vihuela (for
bottle of Italian red wine) to a transfiguration of my 10 course lute
into a small archlute.

If David still has some of that special Oban on hand, that alone is
worth the detour to the San Francisco area. I have 2/3 of a bottle of
their Booze Ordinaire, and that beats out most other single malts.

Dan