What can this debate be about?

In Italy during the 17th century, the guitar was never played at sacred
occasions because the Church had banned the guitar from service (one
counterexample will do to prove wrong)?

In Italy during the 17th century, composers would strictly exclude the
guitar from their sacred compositions (one counterexample will do to
prove wrong)?

In Italy during the 17th century, the guitar would more often than not
evoke secular sweets and was therefore rather rarely to be found
performing, or as accompaniment of, sacred music (no counterexample
possible, matter of more or less)?

Mathias