On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Daniel Winheld <dwinh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>   this overcast December 26th. A very special "Thank You" to DvO for his
>   exceptional & encyclopedic website; I navigated to this page after
>   viewing the one he posted-
>
>   http://home.planet.nl/~ooije006/sashimisen/things_japanese/aware_f.html

:-)

Glad my private joys find a wider appreciation.

>   So how was dinner?

OT:
The day before I had cleaned a 2kg squid (google Giant Squid and
Colossal Squid for mouthwatering and/or scary pictures), so we had
some raw, as well carefully undercooked bits, cut and scored, with
strips of eggplant, a few slivers of a chopped union (shapes matter)
and half a dried chili, besides stir fried shrimps with sprouts and
more union, leek and Turkish pepper, besides chicory and varied other
vegetables from the oven, Junko made her inimitable Juntucky fried
chicken bits (also known as unlucky fried chicken) and there were
numerous other dishes with all sorts of tidbits. A glass of Belgian
Tripple during cooking and a bottle of good Malbec on the table. Today
was a bit more sober: cantatas by Graupner, Endler and Bach (3rd from
the Weihnachtsoratorium). Rehearsal and concert on one day, very hip.
Tomorrow we'll get another shot at it.