Well, call me gutless, but now having several instruments, some with
   and some without gut, I'm not a convert and not rushing out to change
   all my synthetic strings to gut. I certainly like the sound of gut,
   especially on my 11 course lute playing pre-Weiss d minor tuning music
   and as single strings on the basses of my archlute. For Weiss and
   beyond, I have no problem with my extra thick core copper wound basses
   and nylgut/nylon tops. Same goes for my Ren Lute and Baroque guitar.

   Switching between instruments can be a challenge. I find the most
   helpful tip to be 2-3 minutes of Bob Barto's right hand exercises
   before playing anything else. It helps me find the "sweet spot" on the
   finger pads and adjust for string pressure and spacing differences. For
   the left hand my only issue (raised here before) is that with gut my
   fingers sometimes stick to the string and can make extraneous noises,
   but I don't find the technique to be much different otherwise.

   Danny