Something else comes to mind about the curious pegboxes. If one was updating a 6-c for 9/10 courses, it would make sense to reuse the old 6-c pegbox. That would explain the different angles. Yes, the neck would be new as would be the extension pegbox but why remake the other pegbox if it wasn't necessary?

With better resolution we may see a difference in the pegs and maybe also the shape of the neck going up to the auxilliary pegbox.