Could the bird-like object actually be a feathers arranged on a wire
(visible extending down and to the right from the bird body) used for
cleaning the musette pipes?

Also, does anyone recognize the music?  It's not in tab.

The other "Lady With Lute" that Franz found seems more like a cittern body.
(http://www.klassiskgitar.net/imagesr1.html) What is it?

Regards,
Leonard Williams