>somehow I have a blind spot: I still dont see the fifths!).

I think going from the last chord in the first measure (low open G,
still providing bass note from 3rd beat with open 2nd course d)
-moving to first chord of 2nd measure, E-flat b-flat e chord. G-d to
E-flat-b-flat are parallel fifths. Never quite liked the sound of it
myself, but always played it anyway being the incurious blockhead I
am; who was I to correct an "original" text? But of course it's
corrected in the LoST and in the Dd.2.11. Much nicer sounding that
way. By the way, I think I found an error in Ron's that I just
downloaded- 9th measure- first measure of repeat, last chord- b, 4th
fret 1st course against the fingered b on 2nd fret 3rd- should be g
on the fourth course or possibly fingered e on 2nd to match first
strain- but that sounds empty. Playing both g and e with the high b
makes a very nice chord- but the two "b's" sound bad to me. I could
postulate improper parallel octaves from the 3rd course c on third
beat with first course c on fourth beat, and they both move down to
the b's- but I await word from the experts...

Dan