On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Daniel Winheld <dwinh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "but I await word from the experts..."

You can safely exclude me, I'm just trying to understand what's going
on here. There are no parallel fifths, as far as I understand it
anyway, but you and dt seem unhappy with the first chord on the second
measure. Some say LoST is better here, but the outer voices are the
same, just transposed up a tone. The inner voices are different
though, and the offending chord has, instead of a fifth and octave on
the bass, just a third. Could it be this third is more friendly to
your ears than the bare 5-8 sound?

still puzzled

David - has recorded it twice, actually, as it's also on the live CD
of the Sevicq festival in Slovenia of last summer. (And it's on
YouTube, does that count?)