@ Alexander,

Of course it is just as possible to alter dynamics and tone colour using thumb
under.
The end result will allways be different though.
I suppose the luters of old started playing in bigger rooms towards the end of
the 16th c. They would have found that the general playing position of TO could
produce a little more volume, whereas TU would be more practical for smaller
rooms. The dryer tone of TO would perhaps be considered too harsh for close
listening. Which brings me to the following: Perhaps players using TU should be
miked closer than the Thumbouters. ;-)

Lex

Op 18 mrt 2010, om 04:13 heeft Alexander Batov het volgende geschreven: