Yes, I'm sure that's the Lawrence Brown everyone's been talking about.
   I contacted him last fall about a lute, and his reply implied that
   business was VERY slow.  I'm not surprised to hear he's begun building
   steel-string guitars, though I hope he might be persuaded...

   Best and keep playing,

   Chris.
   >>> Christopher Wilke <chriswi...@yahoo.com> 5/25/2010 3:24 PM >>>
   This could be him.  Don't confuse Larry K Brown with Larry D Brown in
   Cincinnati.  LDB is another former lute builder who has also given up
   lute making in lieu of other things, although he's still playing early
   music in the Cincy area.
   Chris
   Christopher Wilke
   Lutenist, Guitarist and Composer