Arto,

No problems with nylgut at all. Recently I was playing in Caccini's opera. No time to tune - playing all the time. At least not for the theorbist, only strings tuning their guts frequently, harpsichord during the interval (I had 2 minutes when he finished), but everything in tune. You just have to compromise when to put them on.
Best

Jaroslaw