Yes - that's it!

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "wolfgang wiehe" <wie-w...@gmx.de>
To: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:32 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: antiqua (guatemala) vihuela manuscript

perhaps you mean this:
http://www.tesis.ufm.edu.gt/pdf/848.pdf
canĀ“t read spanish....
greetings
wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:32:57 +0200
Von: Taco Walstra <wals...@science.uva.nl>
An: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] antiqua (guatemala) vihuela manuscript

Dear all,
A few weeks ago I happened to be in Antiqua in Quatemala. They have a
tiny museum containing old manuscrips and books which were printed in
16th and 17th century in quatemala. Among the books shown there were 4
books containing music and one manuscript where the description
mentioned that it was about vihuela tuning. 23 pages following were to
contain religious music. Of course it would have been nice if this
manuscript contains vihuela tablature, but the museum description didn't
mention this, although it looks like that the music was intended to be
played on vihuela. Unfortunately there was nobody available to provide
more information. I made 2 pictures of the pages and will put them on a
website this week. Anybody more info about this book?
Taco