Sean:
   My list with annotations.
   Capirola - something for everyone and it looks cool
   Phalese, 1568 - good variety of mid-century continental music
   Dowland's First Booke, 1597 - English ayres for every taste and ability
   Board ms. - good survey of English music from J. Johnson to
   transitional tunings
   Varietie, 1610 - something to work toward
   Ron Andrico
   www.mignarda.com