Da: Sean Smith
Mittente:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu
A:LuteList
Oggetto: [LUTE] Facsimiles
Inviato: 10 Ago 2010 03:18

Dear all,

Though this arises coincidentally from the Passereau question, it's
actually been brewing in my head for some time. For a lute student of
between 1-3 years what would you suggest are the 5 most important
facsimiles to own? I was going to say "have access to" but I feel that
any serious player should be starting their own libraries by this time.

I'll ask this from the point of view of a renaissance lutenist as well
as the baroque players who will have their own lists. I'm not so
interested in where they come from --I realize their availability
comes and goes-- but from the student/player/historian aspect of
learning the lute, its repertory and its place in history.

Yes, I know, 5 books is mighty limiting but feel free to add a second
5 books if you need. As I see it every player has to start somewhere.
Eventually I plan to tally the results and put a paragraph or 3 in an
upcoming LSA Quarterly. And here.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to your replies!

Sean

Luca
http://liuti.manassero.net