On Sep 10, 2010, at 5:28 AM, Sam Chapman wrote:

> Garbled version of "poverino" (poor one)?

Perhaps.  Arthur Ness renders it "poverin" in his online table of contents of
Marco's works.  When I put Paul O'Dette's Marco CD in my computer, that title
comes up "Pioverin" on the index, but on the CD sleeve, it's "ioverin" which
must be a typo.  I got a private email saying that in one modern dialect,
"pioverin" is something like a rain gutter.  I cruised through the Bayerische
Staatsbibliothek Mus. Ms. 266, but I couldn't make out most of the titles,
which means even if I found the word, I probably wouldn't have any better idea
about what it says.