And another Big (String) Spender (I just dropped a $$$ wad on Dan
Larson for long overdue strings for my vihuela & archlute) welcomes
this news. I had heard- never tried it out- that the old
dead-bone-white nylgut could be dyed by Rit dye, of all things. Don't
know if it would affect the structure, and who has time for this.

Plus, I had already come to really dislike nylgut on 1st & 2nd
courses for musical reasons that have already been aired a number of
times on this list, but it would be great if the strength/flexibility
problems Mimmo has addressed reduce or eliminate those problems.

Has anyone in the USA contacted Curtis Daily about availability and
price yet? If I go first, I will post the results. Diapason lengths
would be a very interesting & welcome addition to the synthetic
"gene" pool.

Dan