Hi Morgan,
   Glad you found it helpful! It's sometimes a good idea to kind of
   "flatten" the thumb, i.e. turn it downwards towards the lute. Classical
   guitarists tend to have a habit of sort of plucking up from the string,
   and this won't sound good. If what you're doing feels a bit unnatural
   that might be a good sign - shows that you're not just repeating your
   old guitar habits!
   Using the thumb/index is a bit like using a pick, but a really big
   squashy sort of pick that covers both strings of the course!
   As for the videos, I'm glad you liked them, but don't copy the
   technique I use on the baroque guitar and theorbo ones (that's supposed
   to be thumb-out!). If you're really stuck, you could make your own
   YouTube video, post it to the list and ask for comments!
   All the best,
   Sam