Dear All,

I have been using these KF strings for some years. The smallest diameter is .95mm, but this is the equivalent of a gut string of about 1.07mm. The one I use is "KF95A", but I think the "A" just refers to the fact that it is a 2m length. It works well as a 5th course on a renaissance lute (with an octave - I have not tried unison). It looks more like a gut string, opaque rather than clear. I have not tried the thicker strings, but it seems that it might be worth a try - I think Jacob Heringman may have done so.

I think the next size down is .91mm, but it is a plain monofilament PVF string. I think some people are using them for a unison 5th course.

Best wishes,

Martin