Welcome, Claudia.

Peg turners are fine as a way of protecting your fingers in the course of everyday tuning, but I worry about their use as a violent solution for sticking pegs. Apart from breaking the pegs, you could (even more expensively) break the pegbox as well. I think once your pegs have finally loosened, you should add some peg paste - over here the leading brand seems to be Hill's - dark brown stuff in a lipstick-style container.

Happy luting,

Martin

www.luteshop.co.uk