Eh!  I didn't write

   >> I would vote for 'right hand'. Accenti muti could mean some muting
   >    to prevent everlasting bass strings, although only modern nylon
   wound
   >    strings suffer from this problem and gut strings not.
   But I did write

   Indeed - but are 'accenti muti' perhaps something a little different -
   >    ie with the second of the pair immediately damped - see my email
   below
   >    (not copied to the general list)

   My observation was that if he had wished to simply refer to slurred
   notes why not just write 'accent' - his use of 'accenti muti' might
   mean something slightly different as I suggested. Just a possibility  -
   no more.....

   MH
   On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:20:17 +0000 (GMT), Martyn Hodgson
   <[1]hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
   > Indeed - but are 'accenti muti' perhaps something a little different
   -
   >    ie with the second of the pair immediately damped - see my email
   below
   >    (not copied to the general list!)

   Do you mean this (it was not easy to find out, what was written by
   you):
   >    >> I would vote for 'right hand'. Accenti muti could mean some
   muting
   >    to prevent everlasting bass strings, although only modern nylon
   wound
   >    strings suffer from this problem and gut strings not.
   Anyway, to me "accenti muti" do not sound like "dampening the second
   note".
   There is so much evidence of the "slurs", "stracini", in the Italian
   theorbo litterature that I am (nearly) certain that Agazzari writes
   just
   this technique by his term "accenti muti".
   All the best,
   Arto