Here is the citation that gives the time signatures
   Nicola Matteis
   Le false consonanse della musica per poter apprendere a toccar da se
   medesimo la chitarra sopra la parte (London, c1680; Eng. trans.,
   1682/R)
   "The False Consonances of Music"
   We relied on this treatise when recording both the Purcell (Cupid, and
   other songs) and the Matteis works, of course, other interpretations
   are possible, but this is from England ca 1680.
   You will find some contradictory references for this material, but I
   found the Matteis the most workable.
   dt