Dear Mathias,

I didn't mean it to be a substitute for any number of books with songs from
that repertory.  Indeed the Zupfgeigenhansl is available in many, many
editions offered by antiquarian dealers, and range in size (and hence number
of opieces) from 95 to 138 pages.

Use the Karlsruhe Connection (last column) to locate copies:
http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk_en.html

The volumes I cited, Was die Wandervögel, have nearly 800 songs, and are
available for "Laute (Gitarre)," also, but only with chord accompaniments.

So, a lute accompaniment arranged from Krome's keyboard arrangement might be
more
interesting.

The book mentioned by Wolfgang also has interesting pieces because they draw
upon such old songs.

Here again is Wolfgang's link to the online facsimile:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dxceoidm4p4xfmi

Perhaps we should be paying closer attention to the Wandervögel Lieder.

Greetings from Boston, Arthur.
----- Original Message ----- From: <mathias.roe...@t-online.de>