An interesting question and one that can be answered in a number of
different ways.

Basically, your answer is "as you please". Any other answer will have
problems, since in this time period repeats were basically optional.
Morley's comment about ficta here is on point, where the right of the
performer trumps the composer even as far as the notes.

Now, if you want to try to determine the composer's intent, there
basically is no way, since there are so many versions and sources.
Maybe someone has the green light from the boss, maybe not.
Obviously there is only one verse for the third section, but you
could write another verse.

What would I do? Take the repeat and then you have patch material for
the recording if a dog barks on "hark"

dt