Lauri Niskanan on the Lute-Ning page kindly gave a very nice little tutorial for batch-downloading a book and w/ his permission (and addendum at 7b) I reprent it here.

If you use Firefox (and if you don't, um... I dunno what plug-in to use for other browsers)

---------------------
1. Get Firefox

2. Tools -> Add-ons

3. In Get Add-ons, write "downthemall!" in the search field

4. Select "DownThemAll!" and click "add to firefox"

5. On any web page, in this case on the page where you see "links to resources" and the thumbnails, right click anywhere [Mac users: Ctrl +click], select "DownThemAll!" in the dropdown menu.

6. Select a folder to save the images in. Since the program saves individual images, you should make a folder per tablature book to better organize the files.

7. Under Filters, select JPEG images

7b. You should click "disable other filters" in the bottom right corner, so it doesn't download anything extra.

8. Under Fast Filtering, write */file/* (The images we want are the ones that have /file/ in their URL)

9. Under Download, you will now see links in red with selection marks before them, those ones will be downloaded.

10. Click Start!

It just worked fine for me on the Mac and I don't see how it wouldn't work cross-platformly. Credit for this goes to Lauri for the instructions! Yay! more music!

Sean