Dear Henner,

Sorry I gave a link to the Karlsruhe Connection in my first response to
David van Ooijen's query:

Modern scores by London Pro musica and by Heugel (and others) are
available on the antiquarian market.
Use the Karlsruhe Connection if you want to purchase
http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk_en.html

Check the last column (antiquarian book dealers) and search on (title)
Balletti and (author) Gastoldi.  I found about a dozen "hits." There also
seem to be original copies in the
National Library of the Netherlands, so you
might check that box too (17th-century reprints???).

It is a fantastic search tool.  One can search for books, scores,
recordings, etc., in about
100 libraries around the world, including the union catalogues** of Great
Britain, Italy, France, Canada, U.S.  (foundation for the "World
Catalgue"***), Austria, Luxembourg, Israel, Portugal, Spain, etc.  It also
searches a dozen select antiquarian catalogues such as Abebooks and Alibris (they
also have international coverage).  You should take a look at it now, so you
have an idea of its resources.

** A union catalogue attempts to provide a listing (with location) of books
in ALL libraries in a given country.

*** http://www.worldcat.org/
You can open a free account with the World Catalogue and save titles of
interest to you in various bibliographical formats.  Lists can be public or
private.  If you provide your city or ZIP Code, the catalogue will arrange
the "hits" by distance from your home (including mileage<g>).

There are more "Finding Tools" on Wayne Cripps' lute page:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute/Sources.html

ajn
----- Original Message ----- From: <henner.kahl...@t-online.de>