To: "A. J. Ness" <arthurjn...@verizon.net>; "Lutenet"
<lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 1:40 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: looking for Gastoldi scores

Dear Arthur,

thank you very much.

It is a shame that  I - living in Karlsruhe - did not know this
catalogue.

Best wishes, Henner

"A.  J. Ness" <arthurjn...@verizon.net> schrieb:
Dear Henner,

Sorry I gave a link to the Karlsruhe Connection in my first response to
David van Ooijen's query:

> Modern scores by London Pro musica and by Heugel (and others) are
> available on the antiquarian market.
> Use the Karlsruhe Connection if you want to purchase
> http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk_en.html
>
> Check the last column (antiquarian book dealers) and search on (title)
> Balletti and (author) Gastoldi.  I found about a dozen "hits." There
> also
> seem to be original copies in the
> National Library of the Netherlands, so you
> might check that box too (17th-century reprints???).

It is a fantastic search tool.  One can search for books, scores,
recordings, etc., in about
100 libraries around the world, including the union catalogues** of Great
Britain, Italy, France, Canada, U.S.  (foundation for the "World
Catalgue"***), Austria, Luxembourg, Israel, Portugal, Spain, etc.  It
also
searches a dozen select antiquarian catalogues such as Abebooks and
Alibris
(they
also have international coverage).  You should take a look at it now, so
you
have an idea of its resources.

** A union catalogue attempts to provide a listing (with location) of
books
in ALL libraries in a given country.

*** http://www.worldcat.org/
You can open a free account with the World Catalogue and save titles of
interest to you in various bibliographical formats.  Lists can be public
or
private.  If you provide your city or ZIP Code, the catalogue will
arrange
the "hits" by distance from your home (including mileage<g>).

There are more "Finding Tools" on Wayne Cripps' lute page:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute/Sources.html

ajn
----- Original Message ----- From: <henner.kahl...@t-online.de>