All,
   I'm wondering about people's different experiences with spacing between
   courses. I'm currently playing a 6-course lute with a spacing of 1.2
   cms between courses, and I can't believe how much better my thumb-under
   technique feels after having developed it on a lute with a spacing of 1
   cm. I also just recently played a 7-course with a spacing of 1.6 cms,
   which also felt great. I find there's a tremendous amount of room to
   move around with my right hand and I feel more relaxed and able to let
   the thumb-under technique really open up. I'm wondering about other
   peoples' thoughts about string spacing on renaissance lutes. Does
   anyone else go as wide as 1.5 cms or more on their renaissance
   instruments?
   Best,
   Graham Freeman