For what it's worth, I've found I've done some of my most productive
   practicing when injured. For example, if you cannot use a certain
   finger, it is a real test to see if you can play a piece by memory
   entirely with one finger.

   Touching the strings with the LH but not pressing them is another
   amazing technique for practicing.