On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:26:34 +0000, Stuart Walsh wrote
> Paumann's 'Ich beger nit mer'  from the Buxheimer Orgerlbuch.
> Paumann played the lute (and perhaps, fingerstyle) as well as the
> organ and - maybe - he played it in a similar way on both
> instruments.  It fits a G lute well and only need five courses.
>
> Online German translators don't recognise 'beger',  'nit' nor 'mer'
> as German so I don't have a clue what the title means.

No translators for Frühneuhochdeutsch so far, I'm affraid ;-)
'beger' would be spelled 'begehren' in modern German, meaning
'to wish', 'to long for', 'to ask for', 'to crave' etc.
'nit' is modern German 'nicht' (english 'not'), and 'mer'
would be spelled 'mehr' (engl. 'more'). So this could mean
'I don't ask for more [than ...]' or 'I stopped longing for [...]'
If you happen to use the Wallner Edition: big warning - she often
has no clue about the titles (wasn't able to correctly read the titles,
i.e. she always missread 'w' as 'lb').

 HTH Ralf Mattes

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HInorS2jmIk
>
> Gilbert Isbin's 'Recall', (August? 2011)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKJxE7mTkmg
>
> Stuart

R. Mattes -
Hochschule fuer Musik Freiburg