Bob Thornburg of Gourdbanjo (he makes historical gut strung banjos
with gourd bodies in various sizes in a sort of folk tradition) bought up
Donna Curry's inventory of Purr'll Gut strings--a limited supply.  I used to
get 2m lengths of 0.425mm for trebles for just a few bucks.  Getting two
trebles from each string made it a super bargain, though that gauge is a
mite heavy (by .005mm).  Alas, he has no more!

Leonard