On 22/02/2012 14:20, Adam Olsen wrote:
    Hi folks

    So I finally received my first lute yesterday.  I've been trying to
    practice out of the beginning of the baroque lute companion, and am
    having a bit if trouble keeping the lute in position on my lap.

    I tried the ribbon method, where I tie it to the peg box, wrap it
    around my back and sit on it.  This keeps the neck in position, but the
    lute still wants to slip out forward away from my chest.

    Anyone have any ideas for where I could get a sheet of rubber to put in
    my lap?  I'd really rather use that instead of leather if I can get
    away with it.

    Many thanks!

    Adam