Interesting RH problems arise in the "harp" style of one-note-per string
playing so common in chordal tuned lutes playing 18th century music. (i.e.,
Weiss, Bach, d-minor lute.)

I have had to do a lot of RH retraining to cope. Background has been
Renaissance lute and much earlier, classical guitar.

Your bottom example illustrates the problem perfectly as far as it goes; but
without the actual music- what note sequences on which strings, fret positions,
tempi, etc. -an actual fingering solution on line here is impossible. And there
is no one formula. Train your i-m-a fingers to not be locked in closed arpeggio
patterns such as one encounters in Classical Guitar pedagogy (Carcassi et. al.)
and learn to change strings/courses with each alternate finger when ascending
or descending, and also slip-slide that index finger as needed when descending.
Much harder to describe than to show or do.

Here's a try: Rest thumb on 10 or 11 and forget about it. Unglue your pinky
from the soundboard for a few minutes. Now, pluck courses- ascending- 6, 5, 4,
w/ i, m, a. While slowly starting to pluck 4/w a, reach i down to 3rd course,
being ready to pluck that in (slow!) even tempo after 4- and m & a fingers have
already planted on courses 1 and 2.

That's one practice pattern. Also- maybe more important- do it with just i-m,
in three moves. (Or just four courses in two moves.) That is just ascending. Do
it in reverse to descend. For a 4 note descension, one can also let i
slip-slide from the 3rd note to the 4th. Sometimes I will slide the index
finger, controlled & in tempo, over more strings.

Next step, bring the thumb into play. It can do the ascending motion by going
the opposite way of the index finger- a controlled, string-by-string "strum",
and seamless transition to i, m, a for last three notes/strings. Suggested
practice piece- the 1st movement, Prelude of the C major suite by Conradi. For
this, put the little finger back down casually on the soundboard when it feels
right. Or not, if you can maintain hand position, control tone, and keep from
accumulating tension in wrist and forearm. Mine touches down frequently, comes
up a lot. Especially on the 13 course lute.

Also, study the early Baroque Italian masters- Kapsberger, Piccinini, et. al.
Lute, archlute, theorbo. Very interesting arpeggio patterns. If you have
significant Classical Guitar training in your background, you will need to
learn to de-emphasize use of the 3rd finger. And then learn how to put it back
in, when appropriate & necessary.